Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Top 10 songs that should die or artists that should go away

Throughout the years magazines have rated the best and the worst in music. Now, it's my turn! I asked around some friends of mine to see what they might also think. You might not agree with this list, but hey it's my list. I will also follow this up with a best songs ever list. That one might be a little harder.

So here's my list.

10. Love Song (Sara Barrallies)
Ok, I didn't want to put this on the list. I still love this song, but I worry the radio stations playing this to death will only make her a one hit wonder and she is so much better than that. People download "Bottle it up" or her cover of "In your eyes" both beautiful songs.

9. No Air (Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown)
I love Jordin Sparks and I love Chris Brown, but I don't love "No Air". Between the scary lines like "if I die before I wake, it's cause you took my breath away" and it's scary beats, I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack!

8. Bad Day (Daniel Powter)
This song came out a few years ago and it will still not go away. Listen "soft rock" stations, STOP PLAYING IT!!! I have a worse day listening to this song.

7. Bubbly (Colbie Caliet)
I liked the song, but now it's so sugary sweet I feel like my teeth are rotting. We get it, he makes you feel bubbly. I wish he would "realize" it and lets move on. Ok?

6. Time of your life (Green Day)
I love Green Day and this song. I'm listing it because it has been used for all the wrong reasons. The song is meant to be ironic. Get the lyrics out and read them sometime people.

5. Any song by Taylor Swift
Yes, she writes her own music, but do I have to hear it?

4. Dontcha (Pussycat Dolls)
Let me tell you, this mindless dribble that promotes a girl trying to take a man away from another girl has set the feminist movement back 50 years! I would love some skank to try to sing this to my husband in a club. As a response to "dontcha wish you girl was hot like me?" I would reply in full melody "no cause he dont want no S.T.D."!!!!

3. Honky tonk, be donk ye donk or whatever it is (Trace Adkins)
I understand this is country's version of "Back got back", but while Sir Mix A Lot proclaimed "So Cosmo thinks your fat, I ain't down with that", Mr. Adkins kind of grossly states "She's got it going on like Donkey Kong." Really, do you think women want to be compared to an 800lb gorilla?

2. Photograph (Nickelback)
This song has and continues to be played to death!!! Please stop playing it. The more you play it the more I like Nickelback less and less! And I really like them, so stop it. Oh and burn the photograph already!

And the number 1 most irritating song that should die and quick and speedy death...

1. Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood)
This song is like nails on chalkboard now. Oh sure this was a good f$%^ you song the first 2 times I heard it, but now when I hear it all I can think about is how passive-aggressively psycho the song is!

Honorable mentions:
  • Anything new from Maroon 5. What happened to this band?
  • "You saved the best for last" ( Vanessa Williams) Apparently a friend of mine loathes this song to the point she wants to destroy her radio. Lets make sure that doesn't happen!!
  • "Turn the best around" (Gloria Estafen, I know I spelled that wrong) I agree with this one. Yuck.
  • "Sweet Home Alabama" This is from another friend. Her reason is that people shouldn't think they are cool cause they know the song. It's a good song and she's tired of people ruining it in karaoke.

No comments: