Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Poem to My Husband

I write a lot. I do consider myself a writer, though I haven't published much. Someday a story will become complete and a publisher will love it. Anyway, I have always written poetry. But most of my poetry has been more goth, dark if you will, and mostly about how I observe life or my own inner struggle with life. I have never been one for cheesy poems and lovey dovey stuff, but last night I was sitting watching whatever on TV and I this poem just leaped from my brain onto paper. This is to my husband, for all those times I could never put my love for him down on paper, now I feel like I have. I have left it open still to others' interpretation. This is very hard for me to shared as I am extremely guarded to letting other people read my creative material. If you wish to provide criticism, please spare the harshness this time.

Unspoken Truth

I listen to the trees,
I listen to the wind,
I listen to you,
Could you be my friend?

I hear it your eyes,
I see it in your sighs,
Tomorrow may be filled with lies,
But today there are no goodbyes.

You scream my name with your touch,
You speak my name with the slighest nudge,
I hold your heart in my palm,
You have my soul in your arms.

You cool my temper with your breeze,
I find speaking to you with such ease,
You know my love is pure and good,
I know that your love is understood.

So as I reach to you tonight,
I know you won't be there,
But your soul wraps around me,
As I breathe your air.


No comments: