Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just saying......

I know 2 posts in one day, but I got to get something off my chest.

Now I love looking at celeb gossip sites, reading ridiculous news, and finding tongue-in-cheek information, but today I found something that made me feel very icky. I was reading about the recovery of Travis Barker and DJ AM from their plane crash over the weekend. What a horrible scenario and I hope they both recover well and my thoughts go to the families that lost a loved one. What disgust me the most was there was a picture of Shanna Moakler crying outside the Georgia hospital where these 2 guys are being treated. If you don't know, she's the ex-wife of Travis Barker and mother of their 2 children. How awful I felt seeing this picture of her heartache and shock. I personally don't find it fair. Sure, she's a celeb and should feel that some privacy will be undermined in her life, but some seedy photographer taking her picture of her grief outside the hospital is absolutely disgusting. For one, she's got children, very young children, and another her life has been completely altered. This is not right. I gained no emotional need from seeing that. I changed the website, which is more respectable in my opinion, to another one with same information but no pictures provided. I liked that much better. I guess it bothered me as a person who has seen a loved one suffer. As someone who has gotten horrible news and wanted to just break down in a corner somewhere alone. But she doesn't get to be alone, does she? Now instead her pain, grief, and dispair will be marketed and displayed for all of us to see because this society is sick and twisted and can't possibly fathom that a celebrity can have real human emotion. And then something like this happens and it's like "surprise". Whatever, it's BS and I'm not going to play into it anymore. I'm so over it. So over it all.

No comments: